The mission of the Sault College Library is to provide innovative, high-quality services and resources that support the academic curriculum, facilitate student success, and assist in the development of skills for lifelong use of learning resources.
To strive towards fulfilling this mission, the library recognizes the following goals:
1. To collect, organize, and provide access to a diverse collection of library materials in a variety of formats that will support, reinforce, and enrich Sault College student learning and personal growth.
2. To develop and provide effective library services that are responsive to student needs.
3. To provide an accessible physical environment that encourages study and reflection, enhances the educational experience, and preserves the library's collections.
4. To continuously evaluate the quality of collections, resources, services, and facilities.
5. To maintain an awareness of upcoming technologies, current developments in the academic library community, and advances in library science.
6. To recognize the rights of all students in the Sault College community to have access to materials and to ensure their privacy in the use of such materials.
7. To promote library resources and services through ongoing communications with the College community.
8. To share resources, services, and ideas by cooperating with all areas of the College, as well as professional, public, and private organizations and institutions.